Awkward [ awk-werd ]
1. lacking skill or dexterity.
2. lacking grace or ease in movement:
an awkward gesture;
an awkward dancer.
3. lacking social graces or manners:
a simple, awkward frontiersman.
4. not well planned or designed for easy or effective use:
an awkward instrument;
an awkward method.
5. requiring caution; somewhat hazardous:
an awkward turn in the road.
6. hard to deal with; difficult; requiring skill, tact, or the like:
an awkward situation;
an awkward customer.
7. embarrassing or inconvenient; caused by lack of social grace:
an awkward moment.
8. Obsolete. untoward; perverse.