Yell [ yel ]
1. to cry out or speak with a strong, loud, clear sound; shout:
He always yells when he is angry.
2. to scream with pain, fright, etc.
verb (used with object)
3. to utter or tell by yelling:
to yell an order to the troops.
4. to utter or tell by yelling:
5. a cheer or shout of fixed words or syllables, as one adopted by a school or college to encourage a team.
Check your Score - Try our Free English Quiz + Get a Free Bonus
© 2021 Copyrights by Oxford Language Club - All Rights Reserved