Synonyms: productive, prolific, fertile, bountiful, rewarding, etc.
- Part of Speech: noun, verb;
- Definition: an overly enthusiastic fan, especially of a celebrity (noun), to be an overly enthusiastic fan of someone or something (verb);
- Transcription: /stan/
"Stan" is an informal term used to describe an intense and often unusual level of admiration for a celebrity, musician, or public figure. This term originated from Eminem's 2000 song "Stan," which depicted an obsessed fan who wrote letters to the rapper. Over time, it has become a widely recognized slang term, encapsulating the fervent devotion some fans have for their favorite personalities.
Examples in Sentences:
- She's such a dedicated fan that she stans Taylor Swift and knows every lyric to every song.
- John is a true stan of Leonardo DiCaprio, he's seen all of his movies multiple times.
- The way he talks about his favorite basketball player, you'd think he stans him like a devoted disciple.
- Her room is filled with posters, memorabilia, and even a life-sized cutout of her stanned celebrity.
Posted by Oxford Language Club
Want to learn english?